So
this is a long story and it's not actually a very smart story but in my 8th
grade year in middle school I began feeling a shortness of breath as well as my
heart beating rapidly and chest hurting while playing any sport or anything
requiring a large amount of activity. Now one thing to mention is that I don't
experience this throughout playing the sport. I experience it while running
really hard, chasing a ball down, or any extreme during the sport as I do like
to play and try really hard because it's fun. I guess it could be described as my chest about to explode as well as gasping for air like I'm about to drown. I play it off when people see in me in obvious distress but it continues to hurt for a bit after that.
Freshmen year of
high school I didn't experience this problem because I wasn't involved with any
heavy activity so I thought it was just a temporary thing and I didn't have to
worry about it. This all changed when I went into my sophomore year. During
prayer in the mosque which was every Friday, I fainted 3 weeks in a row during
this. So of course my parents found out as they were there and took my to see a
doctor a week later. The doctor put me on a machine that monitors my heart for
24 hours in the day and checks to see if there are any irregularities. Since I
didn't do much of anything the day I was checked, the doctor found nothing
wrong but there was always something wrong. I continued about my days that year
without worrying and it never bothered me until my next year of high school
where I started playing sports more intensely and actually realistically instead
of the average everyday pick-up games.
I continued
playing heavy soccer for the years after and I always experience this problem
in any sport I play as well. I decided not to tell my parents about this
because I just felt it would end up being the same as the last time and I just
deal with it. The problem is though, I have noticed a lot of professional
athletes in sports either fainting, going into a seizure or in fact dying while
playing their sport. Of course this scares me but if anything happened to me, I
just feel like I'll accept it. Really the only people that know this are my
close friends and the people that I play sports with. They do tell me to go see
a doctor and I mean, that's great advice but I don't really have the intention
of doing so even though it would probably benefit me. I know for sure it'd be a
great idea to go see a doctor but as I said before, it has become a thing for
me where I just accept whatever happens. I don't know why I have this quality
about me and I guess it's just something that I don't care much about though a
lot of people around me do. Funnily enough, my parents don't enough this problem still exists and I don't have any intention of telling them.
No comments:
Post a Comment